Monday, December 29, 2008

White Sands.... a dream

Today we planed to spend the day at White Sands. A desert of white sand. At breakfast, someone told us that the Park does not open before 1 PM because of some construction work at the entrance. Shut. So we visited the city of Mesilla and a New Mexico Cattle Ranch. This was the most funnies thing. We saw how they milk a holstein cow and got the confirmation that it is everywhere the same. This was educational :-)

In the city of Las Cruces we saw so far the record of gas price: 1.29$ per gallon this means 0.24 Euro cents per Liter.

In the afternoon we entered finally the desert of white sands. Magnifique. A dream. The moon on earth. Check out the pictures to get an impression.

1 comment:

  1. I found my happiness with your blog. It is a great family adventure to discover these landscapes. I put the page and you writing in English (I admit I got a little help). I wish you still take full eyes. Kisses MARIE

    ReplyDelete